The Dear Book Publishers series is a showcase of letters written by 5th graders from Dothan Brook School. These students were tasked with looking at the diversity in their school library’s picture book collection along with the race of children featured on Kindergarten Second Step cards. Reacting to what they had learned, the students wrote letters to book publishers, the Vermont Agency of Education, the school principal, and the district superintendent. During the month of August, CBC Diversity will showcase all of the letters created by the Dothan Brook School’s 5th grade class.
Hello everyone! Exciting news, I’m teaming up with Rachel M. Wilson, author of Don’t Touch (out September 2nd) to host a giveaway inspired by her novel! Here’s a message from her about the contest:
"Don’t Touch is the story of Cadence Finn, a talented actress who’s desperate to play Ophelia in her school’s production of Hamlet, but she finds this challenging because of her newly developed fear of touch—especially since the guy playing Hamlet is “far too touchable.”
Theater kids are known for being bold when it comes to fashion, and Caddie is no exception. She and her former bff Mandy used to start fashion trends all the time, so when Caddie buys a pair of lavender evening gloves to protect her skin, she passes them off to Mandy as an artistic quirk.
In honor of Caddie’s fashion flair, we’re holding a giveaway! Two winners will receive a signed ARC of Don’t Touch and a pair of gloves like Caddie’s!
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to use Polyvore to create an outfit inspired by the cover of Don’t Touch OR a look for a modern-day Ophelia.”
Sounds fun, huh? I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with! Here’s the rules and details:
- Make your outfits original!
- Post them to tumblr to enter them!
- Contest is open in USA AND Canada only.
- You have August, 17th-30th to enter.
- You can enter both categories, but you can only win one.
- I will be judging the cover outfits, and Rachel will be judging the Ophelia ones.
- Please make sure to use the tags #don’t touch fashion #fashionbythebook and #don’t touch so we can find your outfits! Also, make sure to use those tags first so they show up. Submitting them to me works too!
- If you’re not in US or Canada, but want to post an outfit for fun, let us know in your description!
- Include a image of the cover in your cover-outfit sets, please! (below)
- Reblog or Like this post to help spread the word!
Good luck, everyone! Shoot me a message if you have a question!